Having shiny, smooth, and glossy hair will boost your confidence and beauty.
But that, usually, doesn’t come naturally, and there are various beauty products that you will need to incorporate in your hair routine management to achieve the cozy look you deserve.
And, although there are many other hair care products in today’s market, some may not be conducive to your hair.
So, let’s compare two of the best options; Olaplex vs Moroccan Oil. These are the leading haircare brands that may suit your hair needs. But which one is ideal for your hair?
- Olaplex oil is ideal for repairing damaged hair and linking hair bonds, while Moroccan oil adds shine to your hair.
- Moroccan oil is made of Argan oil sourced naturally from a fruit kernel, while Olaplex is made using patented ingredients.
- Moroccan oil requires a constant application to show results, while Olaplex has almost instant results.
Olaplex vs Moroccan Oil: Introductions
What Is Olaplex
Olaplex is a bond-building treatment that is ideal for repairing damaged hair. It has two major product ranges, that is the end-consumer range and professional products.
About the professional ones, Olaplex has products No.1 and No.2. These two professional products are applied professionally, meaning you have to visit a salon if you need any of them.
Olaplex has products No.3, No.4, and No.5 as the leading hair treatments on the end-customer products, although they are other Olaplex products that you can apply at home. You can get them at salons and beauty shops near you.
Note, if you use product No.3, ensure you use it once per week as the others are shampoo, conditioners, and masks that you can use whenever you like.
What Is Moroccan Oil
As for Moroccan oil, the brand has various hair care treatments made of Argan oil. It has products like shampoos, hair masks, and conditioners fortified with colorings to give your hair a shiny look.
Moroccan oil produces safe products that aren’t mixed with chemical ingredients to keep your hair healthy.
Moroccan oil protects your hair from airborne pollutants and UV rays that may hurt your hair. It also smoothens your hair as it fights frizz, giving you a moisturized texture.
Besides, the natural oil in these products contains phenolic compounds, vitamin E, and fatty acids that are highly beneficial to your hair healthy.
Olaplex vs Moroccan Oil: Shampoo
Selecting the appropriate shampoo is essential in the realm of hair care. In this comparison, we’ll look closer at Moroccan Oil Shampoo and Olaplex Shampoo to help you decide which one might best fit your hair needs.
Moroccan oil: Moroccan Oil Shampoo
Moroccan Oil Shampoo, derived from natural ingredients, including the nourishing Argan oil, offers a gentle and cruelty-free solution for your hair. However, it’s best for moderately damaged hair.
- Natural ingredients like Argan oil nurture your hair.
- Cruelty-free shampoo that aligns with ethical values.
- Moisturizes hair to make it well-hydrated and manageable.
- Offers fewer fragrance options.
- Not suitable for highly damaged hair requiring intensive treatment.
- Some individuals with chemical sensitivities may experience mild reactions.
Olaplex: Olaplex Shampoo
Olaplex Shampoo, especially Olaplex No.8, delivers rapid hair improvements with its bond-repairing prowess, suitable for all hair types.
- Speedy transformation and quick results for hair texture and shine.
- It has amino acids to mend and fortify hair bonds.
- Suitable on all hair types, from straight to curly.
- Not readily available in stores.
- Chemical ingredients might not suit some users
- Considerably more expensive than other brands.
Check out our blog Kerastase Vs Olaplex: Differences, Similarities & Which One Is Right For You. Discover the difference between Kerastase and Olaplex, and find the best solution for your hair needs.
Olaplex vs Moroccan Oil: Conditioner
Post shampoo, using the right conditioner can make a big difference in your hair care routine. In this comparison, we’ll dive into Moroccan Oil Conditioner and Olaplex Conditioner to help you decide which one might be your hair’s best friend.
Moroccan oil: Moroccan Oil Conditioner
Like its shampoo counterpart, Moroccan Oil Conditioner harnesses the power of natural ingredients, including the famed Argan oil. It’s an excellent choice if you’re looking for a conditioner that provides gentle care and hydration.
- Reduces frizz & gives a sleek look
- Nourishes & adds shine to lifeless hair
- Suitable for all types of hair, including colored or treated hair.
- Too solid or overpowering scent.
- Considerably more expensive than other brands.
- Heavy use of the product might make hair look greasy.
Olaplex: Olaplex Conditioner
Olaplex Conditioner, particularly Olaplex No.5, is known for its reparative abilities and is suitable for all hair types.
- Suitable for daily use.
- Works well on all hair types.
- Adds instant softness to the hair.
- The strong scent is a no-no for many.
- The packaging of the conditioner could be more user-friendly.
- Priced on the higher side, making it unaffordable for many consumers.
Read our blog Redken PH Bonder vs Olaplex: The Ultimate Breakdown. Discover the differences between Redken pH Bonder and Olaplex, leading haircare treatments. Make an informed choice for healthier, stronger locks.
Olaplex vs Moroccan Oil: Heat Protectant
Choosing a suitable heat protectant is crucial when safeguarding your hair from the high temperatures of styling tools. Moroccan Oil and Olaplex both offer solutions to keep your locks safe. Let’s explore the specifics of every product:
Moroccan oil: Moroccan Oil Heat Protectant
Moroccan Oil’s Heat Protectant, infused with nourishing Argan oil, delivers protection, a touch of silkiness, and a delightful scent to your styling routine. It is designed to shield your hair from the rigors of heat styling, but it offers more than just protection.
- Free from SLS, parabens, and phthalates.
- Infused with Argan oil to impart a healthy shine.
- Lightweight spray with fine mist application to evenly cover your hair.
- Priced on the premium side.
- Contains synthetic additives.
- Uses artificial fragrances that might trigger allergies.
Olaplex: Olaplex Heat Protectant
Backed by their patented hair-strengthening technology, Olaplex’s Heat Protectant provides a reliable shield against heat damage. It protects your hair and helps you maintain strong, resilient locks even when using high-temperature styling tools.
- Certified vegan as well cruelty-free.
- Offers comprehensive coverage for all types of hair.
- Prevents hair breakage and maintains the overall health of your hair.
- Contains silicone.
- No dramatic results on normal hair.
- Comparatively more expensive than other protectants.
Olaplex vs Moroccan Oil: Hair Masks
Both of these brands have effective hair masks that are applied weekly and can repair damaged hair. However, the Olaplex hair mask is more potent when handling severely damaged hair than Moroccan oil hair masks.
Olaplex hair masks are chemically made, meaning those allergic to chemical products may experience a sensitive reaction.
In contrast, the Moroccan oil mask is made from natural oil making it ideal for all people. Below is a comparative analysis of the two products.
It’s a natural mask perfect for treating damaged and weakened hair. Since it is made from Argan oil, the active ingredient in this mask are cruelty-free to protect your hair and skull.
The main ingredient in this mask is Argan oil, rich in vitamin E, fatty acids, and antioxidants, ideal for protecting hair follicle cells from breaking down.
The hair mask has Acetamide Mea that is perfect for improving the hair texture as it acts as a surfactant. It also has Shea butter which is ideal for soothing, moisturizing your hair.
To achieve good results, ensure you apply a restorative hair mask weekly at least five minutes after shampooing your hair.
- It’s a hair moisturizer
- Cruelty-free as it has natural oil
- Ideal for slightly damaged hair.
- Not ideal for the treatment of highly damaged hair.
It’s a reparative mask with a high level of patented ingredients. Unlike Moroccan oil restorative mask made from natural oil, Olaplex No.8 is made via patented Olaplex forming technology.
The bond intense moisture mask has a powerful amino acid, Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate, ideal for repairing damaged hair bonds and keeping them strong to prevent hair damage.
This mask also has a creamy texture that is easy to spread in the hair strand to keep it aligned. In that way, your hair will be shiny, healthy, and soft to style it the way you like.
Apply this treatment once a week for perfect results in damp shampooed hair.
- Immediate results
- Smoothens and moisturizes your hair
- Ideal for all hair types.
- Its chemical composition may be harmful to some people.
Olaplex vs Moroccan Oil: Hair treatment products
Both brands have hair treatment products that are ideal for enhancing your hair healthy and appearance. However, Olaplex hair reflector will repair your broken hair bonds and improve your hair growth.
As for Moroccan oil hair treatment, it makes your hair shiny and smooth. Also, Olaplex hair reflector will give you instant results, while for Moroccan oil to attain perfect results, you need consistent application.
Here is a more detailed review of the two hair treatment products.
Moroccan hair treatment is made of Argan oil, making it rich in vitamin E and fatty acids. You can use this oil irrespective of your hair type. Its application is just for shampoo, but once you apply, don’t rinse it immediately.
Instead, give it some time to settle for the best results. Moroccan oil hair treatment will make your hair shiny, solid, and smooth by removing frizziness.
- Ideal for hair smoothening
- Rich in essential hair nutrients
- It’s a natural moisturizer
- It takes too long to show results
- Not ideal for damaged hair.
Hair reflector is the main product of Olaplex, which has been enriched to repair damaged hair bonds and give your hair a healthy look.
It has instant results as once you apply, you will notice a change in your hair as it will smoothen and become soft. Olaplex hair reflector is cruelty-free as it doesn’t involve live animal experiments.
It’s rich in amino acid (Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate) that repairs your damaged hair from roots, making it ideal for highly damaged hair.
- Perfect for extreme damage hair
- It gives you strong hair
- It’s a strong hair builder.
- Low levels of chemicals may be over-reactive for some people.
Olaplex vs Moroccan Oil: Pricing
These products, although they promise almost the same treatment to your hair, are different. Thus, obviously, their prices differ. And Olaplex comes out on top as the more expensive option, while Moroccanoil is somewhat affordable.
Olaplex and Moroccan oil products are ideal for all hair types. The extent of hair damage differs, the results you are looking for, and whether you like naturally sourced or processed hair care products using patented ingredients.
Also, your budget will determine the kind of hair care products you will get, as Olaplex products are a bit expensive compared to Moroccan oil.
- Moroccan oil is perfect for anyone whose hair requires less maintenance. It’s free from chemicals and ideal for smoothening and making your hair shiny.
- Olaplex is suitable for severely damaged hair. If your hair is completely ruined, Olaplex will do the magic for you as it’s ideal in rebuilding damaged hair bonds and giving out healthy and smooth hair.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Olaplex safe for all hair types?
Yes, Olaplex is generally safe for all hair types. Thanks to its patented bond-building technology, it is also ideal for damaged or chemically treated hair. However, individual reactions may vary, so it’s advisable to perform a patch test before widespread use, especially for those with sensitive scalps or known allergies.
Can I use Moroccan Oil every day?
Yes, you can usually use Moroccan Oil products every day. They’re made to make your hair healthy and hydrated, and it’s okay to include them in your daily hair care routine. However, how often you use them might depend on your hair type. If your hair starts to feel oily or heavy from daily use, you can use them less often, like every other day or a few times a week.
Are Olaplex results long-lasting?
Certainly! Olaplex is like a superhero for your hair, making it healthier and more robust. The duration of its effects varies based on your hair type and care routine. But Olaplex keeps your hair strong and looking great for quite a while. With consistent use, your hair can remain robust and beautiful for an extended period.
Does Moroccan Oil contain harsh chemicals?
No, Moroccan Oil products don’t have harsh chemicals. They use natural ingredients, like argan oil, which works wonders for hair and skin. All Moroccan Oil products are SLS, paraben, sulfate, and phthalates free, ensuring they are gentle & safe to use; however, there might be silicone in their products. To be sure, you can always read the ingredients on the product to double-check.
Can I use Olaplex and Moroccan Oil together?
You can use Olaplex and Moroccan Oil together in your hair care routine. Olaplex is primarily a treatment aimed at repairing and strengthening hair bonds, while Moroccan Oil provides hydration and nourishment. Start with Olaplex treatments as needed to repair your hair, and then use Moroccan Oil products to keep your hair moisturized and healthy. Just be mindful not to overdo it, as using too many products at once can weigh down your hair.