If you’ve been wondering which one comes out on top when it comes down to Kevin Murphy vs Kerastase, two excellent shampoo brands, this post will clear things up.
About Kevin Murphy
Kevin Murphy specializes in hair care products formulated by the founder himself (Kevin, the founder, is originally a famous editorial hairstylist in his field).
Now, the luxury brand employs cutting-edge technology and scientific understanding to ensure that every ingredient in every product is of the highest quality.
Kevin Murphy has established himself as a top brand in the hair care industry.
When it comes to offering professional hair care products, Kerastase is unrivaled in the industry. Kerastase has developed a solid reputation in the hair care market for more than 55 years.
They provide high-quality treatments for the scalp and hair by using materials that have been appropriately crafted.
The brand has managed to stay at its position as a pioneer in the fields of beauty and empowerment for all.
Kevin Murphy & Kerastase General Differences
- Kevin Murphy and Kerastase are two well-known hair care companies that deliver similar but superior results in their respective categories.
- In terms of experience, though, Kerastase seems to be on a higher ground considering it was founded 55 years ago. Meanwhile, Kevin Murphy was launched last 2003.
- The price difference between the two brands is not forming a competition because they have similar pricing. For example, a 1000ml shampoo price for the Kerastase brand is 100$. It also goes the same with Kevin Murphy.
- All in all, it goes into the preferences of customers regarding the two brands. One may prefer Kevin Murphy, and one may pick the other. Both brands display reputable features.
Kevin Murphy VS Kerastase Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Anti-dandruff products are supposed to make our hair free from irritation. It should also encompass the treatment for certain scalp infections that cause dandruff’s appearance.
While both Kevin Murphy and Kerastase’s anti-dandruff shampoo claim to be effective, their products differ in specific ways.
Kevin Murphy Maxi Wash Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Maxi Wash shampoo uses detoxification as the main element for its product. It is said to remove the excess mineral build-up and unwanted dirt from one’s hair.
Even though it is a deep cleaning, it doesn’t affect the reproduction of natural oils in the hair.
The product used the combinations of tea tree, rosemary, and thyme essential oils. This helps to restore balance, refresh and purify one’s hair strands.
Kevin Murphy claims that this product is ideal for pre-washing and color treatments applied to the hair.
Kerastase Specifique Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Specifique is lightweight anti-dandruff shampoo – making it ideal for regular usage. It is formulated to treat scalp irritation and wipe out dandruff.
Aside from that, this shampoo also cleanses the hair’s impurities for better and natural repair.
This shampoo is preferable to both dry and oily types of hair since the gentleness of the product is milder.
With that, you can have dandruff-free hair without the fear of having a curly day. It claims to add more confidence and shine to the user’s softened hair.
Both of the products, Maxi Wash and Specifique, effectively treat the issue of dandruff. However, they differ in the side bonuses.
While Maxi Wash refreshes the hair in a restart, Specifique makes you fall in love with your hair once again.
Generally, since both products effectively treat dandruff, no more comparison is needed.
Kevin Murphy VS Kerastase Anti-Hairfall Products
Anti-hair fall products are supposed to improve the hair growth of someone with thinning hair. It should also strengthen the hair to prevent hair falls.
It’s a highly complex formula, but both Kevin Murphy and Kerastase have impressive products to solve this problem.
Kevin Murphy Plumping Wash
You can use this thickening wash to restore volume to hair that has been thinned out.
Ginger root and nettle essence stimulate the hair follicles while boosting flow and gently exfoliating to help encourage hair growth.
- Among the many advantages are:
- Volumizes thin, thinning, and aging hair. Hair follicles are nourished by increased blood flow to the scalp.
- It adds volume to hair without weighing it down
- Cruelty-free, paraben-free, and sulfate-free.
Kerastase Anti Hair Fall Package
Kerastase has provided a whole package to treat the problem of hair falls completely. They are as follows:
- Fondant Renforcateur – a conditioner that awakens fortifying resistance of your hair against breakage. It naturally restores the fiber.
- Masque Reconstituant – a mask that can nourish, reinforce and detangle your hair to prevent further hair loss.
Kerastase’s anti-hair fall kit includes all of its products for mild to heavy hair loss.
For hair fall problems, it seems that Kerastase is more specific than Kevin Murphy. Kerastase provided a whole package for people to choose the right fit for their condition.
Since hair fall is more complicated than thinning, it is crucial to know the cause of the problem before using special products to help you.
Kevin Murphy VS Kerastase Frizz Treatment Products
Frizzy hair is one of the main problems people with curly hair have. In an instant, it can make your hair look like a fluffy ball as if whipped by electric grounds – which is undesirable.
The good thing is that both Kevin Murphy and Kerastase actually have a product for this. Let us discuss their comparison below.
Kevin Murphy Smooth Again
Worried about frizz? Smooth Again helps you unwind while also controlling unmanageable hair. All of the soothing effects of a tough style product are provided by this stay anti-frizz solution in a single product.
In addition to Immortelle and Baobab Oils, a handpicked mix of very resilient Australian Fruit Extracts offers lengthy nourishing effects to help strengthen, mend, and maintain the hair.
Silky smooth results are guaranteed thanks to this two-in-one.
- Hydrates for a long time.
- Smoothes and controls frizz by nourishing and protecting the hair.
- Best used on hair that is thick, wavy, or curly.
- Free of sulfates, parabens, and animal testing
Kerastase Frizz Treatment Package
Fir frizz, Kerastase has again provided a whole package so people can choose the right product for them. They are as follows:
- Soin Fondamental – this conditioner is great at taming your frizz. It also leaves your hair feeling healthy, glowy, and nourished for that day.
- Masque Fondamental Riche is 97% made in a deeply nourishing Fondamental Riche. It supports nutrition and durability.
Overall, both the hair care product from Kevin Murphy and Kerastase offers great help in frizz. Kevin Murphy’s effect is more general, meaning it may be effective for some but not for others.
Meanwhile, Kerastase’s products offer more options so that people with different necessities in hair can get the right one.
Kevin Murphy VS Kerastase Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoos are supposed to make us feel ready in urgent times. Since it is just one pump or spray, people won’t have to take a bath all over again.
Kevin Murphy and Kerastase both have a dry shampoo product, and here is their comparison.
Kevin Murphy Fresh Air
We won’t tell if you simulate a blowout using Fresh Hair. Our hydrating hair product spray removes product build-up, grime, and oil in your hair.
Citrus Oil has a pleasant aroma that rapidly brightens and deodorizes while also providing Antioxidant advantages and a beautiful gloss.
You can use this to revive sluggish hair that’s had a noon breakdown or to wash away the dirt of the evening before with a fresh coat.
Kerastase Dry Shampoo
There are numerous benefits to using dry shampoo on oily hair, including preventing hair color lightening through over-washing and preventing hair harm inflicted by over-blow-drying, especially on lazy mornings.
Here it can be said that both Kevin Murphy and Keratasye’s dry shampoo product is effective in its own way.
Perhaps the only difference is that they can give off customers’ preferences.
Kevin Murphy VS Kerastase Hydrating Shampoo
Hydrating shampoo can be used as a regular shampoo for everyone. Since the hair gets hydrated, it can help to make you feel fresh.
And of course, Kevin Murphy and Kerastase will not miss out on producing this type of shampoo, but they are different in some ways.
Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Wash
This hydrating wash can soothe dry, dehydrated hair. Packed with Vitamin C-rich Kakadu Plum and Shea Butter, this ultra-moisturizing shampoo locks in necessary hydration and restores your hair’s luster.
- Antioxidant-rich combination aids hydration, among other advantages.
- Adds a layer of gloss and hydration to the skin.
- It smoothes the hair and leaves it feeling silky-soft, thanks to a wealth of vitamins and oils.
- Ideal for hair that ranges from being normal to being dry.
- Toxic- and animal-free products are available.
Kerastase’s Nutritive Shampoo
This shampoo by Kerasasys is good for one’s dryness, damage, shine, hydration, and freshness.
It is also light in the feeling, so it can be used every day. The shampoo is applicable for all hair types, too, may it be straight, wavy, coiled, curly, and more.
For hydration, it appears that Kevin Murphy is more prepared. We can see from this how Kevin Murphy’s hydrate me was filled with people with more benefits, conventional use, and consideration.
It is great to see Keeastase being more specific, but they sometimes forget the people who are regularly seeking a standard product.
To end the comparison, we decided to have more tests and descriptions regarding the two brands. That leads us to this conclusion:
- Kevin Murphy is more general when it comes to producing the products.
- Kerastase loves the complexity of doing specific products for a person’s needs.
Both luxury brands are great choices for hair care products, but it is up to you to choose a better one.